Thursday, August 8, 2013

The Itch

I have been trying to squeeze in more saddle time in between my very busy day everyday and the best that I can do are very short short trips within the subdivision. 

Everyday, before I leave the house, I pass by Mako my bike and almost every time I do, there is this urge to to slap the saddle or squeeze the brake lever. Everyday there is this itch to gear up, forget about work, forget everything that needs to be done and just ride. This itch will build up until my rest day arrives, the sad part is, as soon as rest day arrives, all my energy and strength has been sucked up by the things that I did the whole week. And all that I can do is to stare at my bike and muse over my favorite sticker stuck on my top tube.



However, there are times that I still have some energy left and some free time to spare and this is when I try to squeeze in some ride time. 

I found a short dirt road a few kilometers away from where I live in Google Maps and as soon as I shared it with my cousin, who just had his bike rebuilt, all we can talk about was locating the road. And that is what we did one rainy Sunday afternoon.



I wanted to describe the road leading to that dirt road but without pictures I don't think it would give much justice to this short yet fun trail. My cousin and I are planning a ride back to this trail because I also found out that It is connected to a subdivision that will lead us to the opposite side of our place, and by that time I will make sure to bring a camera to take pictures of the trail.


No comments:

Post a Comment