Sunday, August 25, 2013

Solo Ride - Binangonan Fish Port

Saturday - August 24, 2013 4:00 PM MLA

Woke up to the sounds of heavy rain drops. I really wanted to ride out but the skies didn't want me too. A couple of hours later, the streets are flooded again. It has been raining a lot this week. I don't know why, but every time there's flood water outside I've been wanting to ride my bike out and that afternoon was no different. The rain poured, flood water rose energy level went down, lost in a dreamy chain of thought I remembered when I was an intern with Knowledge Channel we shot a scene along side the Binangonan Fish Port. And then it was decided, I went to sleep with nothing else better to do and prepared for a ride out the following morning, rain or shine, destination - Binangonan Fish Port.



Sunday - August 25, 2013 

6:00 AM MLA

Sky was cloudy, no signs of the sun coming out. I stopped by a local Tapsilogan to have my breakfast. I liked how the cook made the egg, sunny side up but the yellow part was all over the place with lots of salt on it. 

6:30 AM MLA

Dropped by my local bike mechanic to have my tires checked. All good.

6:35 AM MLA

I was on my way to Binangonan. Passed by several groups of bikers waiting for their ride mates, exchange of smiles and glances where made. Having a single speed set up has it's own pro's and con's. One of the con's, it's hard to ride with a group that rides geared bikes. Riding solo will allow you to control your pace. 

7:00 AM MLA

I reached the Angono - Taytay Y junction, stopped to check directions. At this point I was looking for a Buko Juice stand and the road was pretty much inclined downwards, in the middle of the descent I realized that I will be passing through the same incline on my home but instead of going down I will be going up, and I have been coasting for a couple of minutes then.

7:45 AM MLA

Another Y junction, the group of bikers earlier was able to catch up on me. It was a platoon of roadies occupying the entirety of the road. They were fast is all that I can say.

8:00 AM MLA

Familiar places. Still remember where the cameras were placed during the production when we did the shoot at the fish port. The only differences is, this time the streets where flooded. 

The lake overflowed I guess, and this caused the streets along side the shore to be flooded, the port was very busy nonetheless. I wanted to take a picture of myself and my bike but everyone was looking at me already and I didn't want to give them more reason to look at me further. :D

Took a couple of shots of the lake and decided to ride back home.




9:30 AM MLA

I was back home, satisfied. The road was wet to and from with some hints of mud from the hills nearby. This are just a few and select instances where I really don't care if I get mud on my face. It was all fun and I really can't wait to ride again. Thinking of revisiting the Wawa Dam. hmmmm...






View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment